We all know that social media can be a powerful tool in our business, but could it also be hindering as much as it’s helping? Hmm… good question. Let’s examine that for a second, shall we? Picture this. You’re scrolling through your Instagram feed and it’s flooded with images taken by other photographers that you
Hey Y’all! My name is Tammy Dahlquist and I am super excited to meet you! I have had the idea to start Red Door Mentoring for sometime now, but you know how it is, life gets busy and before you know it another year has past and you’re thinking “where did the time go?” But it’s finally time and I am so excited to start this new journey with you.
So what is this business that I am starting? That’s a great question! For the past 5 years I have been running my own successful small business as a High School Senior, Teen and Tween photographer in the Seattle-Tacoma area. I love what I do and I LOVE my clients. I am truly blessed with what I have been given and how my business has grown through the years. When I made the leap of faith 5 years ago to become a solo entrepreneur (crazy, right?) I was working as a corporate Program Manager for Starbucks Coffee Company. I worked in Store Development managing multi-million dollar projects with teams up to 200 people or more. When you work in project management on large projects, you become really good at communicating, influencing, and motivating people. Project managers are experts in just that- project management and they don’t have any direct reports, so they have to be good at motivating others to move project forwards. Project managers also use systems and methodologies on projects (am I boring you yet?) and are driven by results and facts (snoozefest). All of my background working in project management for 15 years is what served me the most when starting my photography business. Yes, photographers have to be great in photography, absolutely, but at the end of the day, we only spend about 5% of our time behind a camera. The other 95% is about managing and growing our business. Without those systems, without that foundation, my business wouldn’t have lasted a year. This is what Social Tea is about. To provide small business entrepreneurs with a foundation and give them proven systems and knowledge that they can implement in their business and create a lifestyle they love.
At Red Door Mentoring we offer differing levels of support, from on-line classes that you can do at your own pace to full, personalized business support and strategies. Here are just a few of the services we offer:
- Small Business Starter Success Fundamentals
- Pricing Strategy Sessions
- Profitability Sessions
- Branding Basics and Critiques
- Personalized Branding Photo Sessions
Again, I am so excited about starting this new journey and look forward to helping you build your sweet business. I am growing, creating, and getting everything ready for you and can’t wait to share it all. Make sure you checkout my Instagram Page @reddoormentoring for all the latest and I look forward to chatting with you over a nice cup of tea (I drink lots of tea, btw) and seeing how I can best support you and your growing business!
What would be your answer if I asked you: “If you could only photograph one genre, what would it be?” Would the answer be easy for you? Or would it put you in a twist and make your stomach hurt? I get asked this question a lot by photographers and typically the longer they’ve been
So, you love taking photos and think to yourself that you want to start a photography business. You upgrade your camera and start taking pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. To anyone and everyone that will get in front of your camera. For FREE. Or almost FREE. Then you decide that it’s time to start